NS400CR Part 2 - Progress

If your problem does not fall into the above catagories, hopefully you will find some answers here. Posting restricted to registered users.
bloodnut

Re: NS400CR Part 2 - Progress

Post by bloodnut »

Hey all had 2 more days with Wob working on the triple.

We have stripped and cleaned the crank replacing all of the seals, Wobbly then carefully assembled the crank one web at a time, truing it up before moving onto the next web, this took all day but by 730pm we had the crank back in the engine and one barrel on doing a mock up to measure the amount of porting required. Me old mate Tim is doing the porting as he is "the man" having been head mechanic on the Britten and in 500 gps. he is a natural with a porting tool and can hunt out that final 1 or 2 % that makes the difference.

We have finalished the mounting postion of the stator plate and triggers which just requires drilling.

We have decided to cure the engine movement issue by solidly mounting the rear lower engine mount by the countershaft sprocket, this will stop the engine being able to move, we will leave the subframe mounting rubber as well as the top engine mount to deal with the worst vibrations, these things only tend to vibrate below the power band anyway so not an issue for a track bike.

So my jobs while the barrels are being ported is finishing the croxing of the water system and bore out the carbs and assemble them.

The steering damper is mounted.

Cheers
if all else fails - gas it

bloodnut

Post by bloodnut »

Hey All,

Just finished putting the bank of 34mm flat slide keihins together after modifying the fuel intake system to dual inlets, I have modified the rgv fuel tap so its now dual outlet as well, this should ensure we dont get any fuel starvation.

I have also finished my bottom solid engine mount, see photo showing rubber mount and new alloy/steel solid mount, this is to shop the engine twisting in the rubber mounts under load.

Back down working on it this Saturday, rear shocks re-sprung and re-valved and the portings underway.

Cheers
Jared
carbs together3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Channel Hopper

Post by Channel Hopper »

If it is of use, I can take some pictures of a modified CR125 carb assembly I got in a job lot, which shows the flow needle seat with multiple holes drilled around it, allowing the fuel not only to pour into the bowl, rather than trickle, but removes the risk of starvation at different riding angles (up steep inclines for example)

Quite ingenious I thought when I first saw it.

bloodnut

Post by bloodnut »

Well finished mounting the re-valved and re-sprung ohlins shock, mounted the engine using the solid mount in the bottom, installed the race chain, gear linkage and steel braided brake lines.

Porting is under way as is the machining of the rear brake carrier bracket.

Hopefully in about 2 weeks time we should be finishing the pipes and wiring loom.

Last drama is the radiator, my rs250 turned out to be full of un-seen holes so in the bin it goes :evil: I'm now looking at converting one of the twostrokeshops RS500 radiators to suit.

On track for start up in March :arrow:

fredie

Post by fredie »

this will be great when u get the radiator :mrgreen:

bloodnut

Post by bloodnut »

hey all some progress photos.........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bloodnut

Post by bloodnut »

The top pipes muffler will be centered and the stinger extended.

Heres a pic of the bottom pipe and the solid bottom engine mount (below the countershaft sprocket). also TSS radiator.

bloodnut

Post by bloodnut »

is that enuf pics?

Thierry

Post by Thierry »

bloodnut wrote:is that enuf pics?
We want vids now :mrgreen:
NS400R, NS50R, YSR125, Harris Decorite Rotax, RZ500 engined RGV250, KTM 500MX, KSR80, TDR80, Bimota V-Due, TZ350.

mikeb

Post by mikeb »

what make of hydrolic clutch are you using , and how well does it work ,
thinking of putting one on mine

bloodnut

Post by bloodnut »

Its a Billetanium made for a banshee i believe, we had to make a simple bracket to bolt the mastercylinder on.

With the heavy duty springs the clutch pull was very heavy so this makes it much better.

Cheers

bloodnut

Post by bloodnut »

Hey All,

Front and rear guards fitted, see below.

We will finish the mufflers and pipe brackets this Thursday, then the following Fri/Sat we do the wiring loom, finish the water system and all going well fire her up :D :shock: :mrgreen:

Starting to get excited, its only been 6 years in July :?

cheers

Mark

Post by Mark »

bloodnut wrote:Starting to get excited, its only been 6 years in July :?
No sense in rushing... :wink:

I'm sure it will be worth the wait 8)
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.

bloodnut

Post by bloodnut »

Hey All,

I have decided to go with smaller 290mm brembo discs on the front, (cast iron rs250r discs) so I managed to get a decent second hand pair off yahoo japan and they are on there way.

These shots show the bodywork on for the first time with hugger, front guard and finished tail.

I'm back working on pipes with Wobbly again fri-sat, i'll post some photos of the finished pipes on Sunday.

Cheers

luggy
AntiSpam: No

Post by luggy »

hey bloodnut, hows it going ? havent heard from you for a while?
gravity is an extreme painful thing !