engine will not rev

The bit everyone hates, electrical problems. Hope you find your fix here. Posting restricted to registered users.
graham wright

engine will not rev

Post by graham wright »

hi my nsr will not rev it faulters at 7500 rpm have checked atac changed solenoid have tried locking valves shut the only thing is when you rev it when it is stationary it backfires at around 7500 rpm and no i dont make a habbit of that so can anybody help me with this problem

graham

borgNSR

Post by borgNSR »

Stator. Change it.

The high speed windings have a break somewhere. Far easier to install a good one, but if you're handy and have the tools, you can melt the coating, find and fix the break, recoat and test it, and you don't have to buy one.

Search for stator, and you'll get the story.

borgNSR

ps. Thanks for checking the basics so that it doesn't become another "My engine is making a funny noise..." troll.

graham wright

stator

Post by graham wright »

thanks troll i will try that is it somthing that would pack up just like that with out warning one minute it was fine the next it wasnt
graham

borgNSR

Post by borgNSR »

If you're lucky, it packs up instantly and never comes back.

If you're not, then you chase it around for a few months, sometimes the bike runs perfect, the next moment it won't rev. Then its ok, then not. Repeat until you've changed a dozen things, and finally gone crazy.

Consider yourself lucky.

borgNSR